Welcome to Wilton Youth Football - Flag Home Page
Field Closure Number 834-3738
Flag Football Latest News & Updates:
Spring Flag Football is HERE!
- Registration is now open for Wilton's Spring Flag Football Program. The season will start on April 16th and end on June 16th, which is a 9 week season with 9 games scheduled to play. This will be our first FULL season of Flag Football in the Spring, our practices and games will both be held Middlebrook Field. This will also be the first time we are offering Flag Football for ages 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade players. We will now have 6 divisions of play however all divisions are based on the number of players registered more importantly the number of coaches that volunteer to coach Spring Flag Football teams.
- We have created an FAQ page for the Spring Flag Football season to help answer your questions. Stay tuned for more updates, email the Wilton Flag Football Commissioner if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration for Fall Flag Football will open in June.
1st/2nd Grade Players and Coaches:
3rd/4th Grade Players and Coaches:
5th/6th Grade Players and Coaches:
7th/8th Grade Players and Coaches:
9th/10th Grade Players and Coaches:
11th/12th Grade Players and Coaches:
2017 Fall Flag Football Champions
1st/2nd Grade Champions
Coach Preisano's Eagles
3rd/4th Grade Champions
Coach Jacobson's Seahawks
Flag Football Overview
We thought it might be helpful to provide an overview of the league, our goals as a program and a rough outline as to what you can expect in the coming season.
Our goal is to providing a safe, fun and enjoyable environment for boys and girls to play flag football in Grades 1st thru 12th.
The flag program is for children living within Wilton only. We will accept registrations for players from other towns as long as their town does not have an FCFL flag program and as room allows in our program.
Parents and volunteers will coach the flag teams. The WYFL is actively soliciting coaches for this new and exciting program so please contact us if you are interested in coaching and at what level. There will likely be 4 to 10 teams per division at team sizes will be 5 to 10 players per team with parent coaches. We believe smaller teams allows coaches to teach the fundamentals while at the same time allowing the children maximum playing time.
Rules in the Flag league are created to allow for an organized but enjoyable experience for the children. Equal playing time and position rotation is encouraged. The full rules can be found on the website at www.wiltonyouthfootball.org, and are summarized below:
- no kick-off or punts
- play is on an 50 by 30 yard field for 1st grade through 4th and a 70 by 30 yard field for 5th grade through 12th.
- five players on five or seven players on seven depending on number of players and coaches.
- there are no weight limits
- each player must touch the ball at least once per game
Our goals for the participants at this level are to learn football and have fun – with the emphasis on fun. We as the coaching staff are committed to a philosophy of equal playing time for all players at this level and with planned roster levels, each child will have an opportunity at a starting position and a lot of playing time.
The practice schedule is determined by the coach, but is usually one day per week with a game on Saturday. All practices will be held at Middlebrook School Field unless announced in advance, all games will be held at Middlebrook School Field unless announced in advance. We will try to schedule one or two games per team on the WHS Turf field as it becomes available to us.
We are unsure about the exact game schedule at this time, but plan for a 8 to 9 week season. Once we have a more definitive schedule we will let you know.
Any questions contact our Flag Commisioner Tony Palumbo Jr at