Wilton Youth Cheerleading
Coaches Goals and Expectations
- Practices should have Purpose and Direction and should be age-appropriate for the team.
- Coaches should Manage and have Control over the squad at practices and games.
- Coaches should instill Teamwork and Sportsmanship and should encourage participation by all team members.
- Coaches should Teach and Understand Youth Cheering – the fundamentals of the sport & rules and philosophy of the league ensuring readiness and safety of all participants.
- Coaches should Communicate effectively with the children (encouraging maximum effort, providing appropriate, balanced feedback, motivating).
- Coaches should demonstrate Respect for assistant coaches, cheerleaders and parents
- Coaches should give cheerleaders and parents an opportunity to voice feedback and should address concerns as appropriate.
- All Coaches should work professionally and with respect with the UCA instructors at the extended fall practices.
- To improve each cheerleaders’ confidence, individual skills and awareness of their role on the team
- To have each cheerleader respect all coaches and enjoy the overall cheer experience
- To improve your squad as the season progresses and have them perform to their potential given the talent of the participants